Don’t know how to get started?
Successful Personal Statements will evidence how well you meet the university’s expectations academically, vocationally and personally. Our team here at Pain Free Personal Statements can help!
Some personal statement tips to get you started:
OPENING PARAGRAPH. WHAT DO I WANT TO STUDY AT UNIVERSITY AND WHY ?
- A robust reason why you are choosing to study a particular subject – not vague/general
- A statement of what drew you to the subject in the first place, what specific aspects interest you and make you keen to pursue the subject at third level
- Specialist vocabulary relevant to your chosen subject linked to additional specialist reading or experience
SECOND PARAGRAPH. HOW HAVE I DEVELOPED MY UNDERSTANDING OF MY SUBJECT TO A LEVEL SUFFICIENT TO IMPRESS AN ADMISSIONS TUTOR?
- Discussion of a specific aspect of the course and a developed analysis of the issues involved
- Evidence of further reading, work experience etc., to support the above discussion. How extended is this work ? Have you read/researched online/listened to podcasts beyond the basic A Level texts ?
- Sophisticated, academic vocabulary
THIRD PARAGRAPH. WHAT ACADEMIC SKILLS DO I HAVE THAT WILL ALLOW ME TO COPE WITH DEGREE LEVEL STUDY ?
- Focus on transferable skills rather than a list of things you have done
- Show how the skills you have acquired are really relevant to the course you have chosen
- Provide evidence as to how you have developed these skills – this can come from a variety of sources including your lived experience, school or college work, work experience, extra-curricular activities
- What are you hoping to do in the future – show how your planned degree course links to these plans
- Did you bring all your preceding material together to provide a strong conclusion ?
- How will you contribute to the overall life of the university ?
- Do you end on a positive note ?
Our team have years of experience supporting candidates with their personal statements across all disciplines and for many UK universities, check out the services we offer.
We offer a 100% money back guarantee if you do not want to proceed after your first review call with our staff.