Personal Statement: Sample Questions
One of the key skills of any of our consultants is the ability to draw out information from the candidates they are working with. In our case study with Sarah, the consultant used a series of prompt questions. We thought these would be useful to share
- Outline the main reasons why you are applying to nursing
- You have worked in residential care as a nursing assistant for a period. What have you learnt
about yourself, about nursing from your job.
- What matters to you as a nursing assistant ?
- How do you think this experience will help you in your nursing degree ?
- Modern nursing is framed by the 6Cs. How do you put these qualities into action in your job
- How have you found your Heath & Social Care course ? How is it linked to studying nursing ?
- What research have you carried out in preparation for nursing – have you talked to
practitioners, watched videos, podcasts, magazines etc.
- What personal strengths do you have which will help you achieve your goal of becoming a
- What are you looking forward to in the nursing degree ?
- What hopes/ambitions do you have about your career after graduating as a nurse ?
These are just a sample of the questions that our consultant ask for any specific scenario or requirements. These questions are critical to help udnerstand the motivations and skills of the candidate. Our team do not offer “cut and paste” personal statements – each and every application is a bespoke creation in order to reflect the individual talents and experiences. From undergraduate applications to mid career movers, our team can help. We offer a free review call to understand your needs, so why not check us out? Remember, you do not get a second chance at a first impression.